Monday, March 18, 2024

A Monday Memory Reprint 

from the Servante of Darkness Blog: 


Beauty and Brains: Stacey Nelkin Interview

by Anthony Servante




 

Stacey still sexy today






Timeless Beauty



We welcome Stacey Nelkin to the Darkness this month. Stacey is best known by Horror fans for her role in Halloween III: Season of the Witch, in which she stars with Tom Atkins (My Bloody Valentine) and Dan O’Herlihy (RoboCop), a film directed by Tommy Lee Wallace (Stephen King’s It, Fright Night II, Vampires: Los Muertos).

Before her role in this B-Horror Classic, "she starred as Bonnie Sue Chisholm in four 1979 episodes of the CBS western miniseries The Chisholms. When the series resumed in 1980, [she turned down the role because she wanted to do films and the part was recast with] Delta Burke in the role of Bonnie Sue.  She became well known for her role in the 1982 horror film Halloween III: Season of the Witch as Ellie Grimbridge. The same year (1982) Nelkin was scheduled to appear in the cult film Blade Runner as Mary, a sixth Nexus-6 replicant that escapes from "off-world" and comes to Earth, but budget cuts resulted in her part being cut from the film early on in principal photography. She had done a screen test for the role of Pris in Blade Runner as well, but Daryl Hannah got the part instead. Nelkin's screen test appears on Disc 4 of the collector's edition DVD set. Nelkin has made guest appearances in several TV series, including CHiPsThe A-TeamEight Is Enough1st & Ten and Hunter. Her best-known TV role is on the soap opera Generations as Christy Russell in 1990" (Wiki).

Stacey also founded the The Daily Affair Blog, where she educates couples about making relationships work. Visit here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/relationshipinsight

She has co-authored "You Can't Afford to Break Up: How an Empty Wallet and a Dirty Mind Can Save Your Relationship", a practical guide in love economics for keeping romance alive in relationships.



Her relationships and marriages with A-List celebrities are well-documented on the internet, but you can look that up for yourself.


Let's get to the interview.

1.
Anthony: It a pleasure having you with us, Stacy.
Stacy: The pleasure is all mine - except I hate typing - I'd much rather talk!

2.
Anthony: Let’s start with your early days in film. Can you share with our readers how you got into film and some of your early roles?
Stacey: I fell in love with acting when was in the Brownies. I lost the lead role of Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz to the troop leader's daughter. True story. I played the Tin Man. My first intro to nepotism - something upon which Hollywood thrives..I got an agent when I was 14 and got my first role at 16. My first film was 'Annie Hall" . I was cut from the film but went on to many others.



How did this get in here?



3.
Anthony: Did your brush with a role in Blade Runner whet your appetite to star in Science Fiction or Horror films? (By the way, I think you would have made a very sexy android).
Stacey: Not being able to actually shoot my part in The Blade Runner was heartbreaking. But getting to rehearse and hang out on the set with Ridley, Harrison, Darryl, and Rutger was amazing.



Stacey Nelkin as the replicant Mary


A re imagining of the role of Mary



4.
Anthony: Can you give us some background on getting the role for Halloween III?
Stacey: Ron Walters, the makeup artist for the film had just worked with me and he knew that they hadn't found a girl to play the role of Ellie and he suggested I audition. I read for the part and they called to tell me I had the part by the time I was back home from the audition.


Stacey's role in Halloween III has made her an icon
with Horror fans (here with Tom Akins}.



5.
Anthony: What was it like for you as an actress working with Tommy Lee Wallace and John Carpenter?
Stacey: Tommy Lee was a generous, easy going director who was always open to collaboration. He's a musician and has a musician's mellow temperament, I never got to work with John C...



Stacey as Ellie



6.
Anthony: What came after Halloween III for Stacey Nelkin?
Stacey: After Halloween III, I did Get Crazy and then Yellowbeard and then tons of TV..


Stacey in Yellowbeard


Yellowbeard is a 1983 comedy film by Graham Chapman, along with Peter Cook, Bernard McKenna and David Sherlock. It was directed by Mel Damski, and was Marty Feldman's last film appearance.



7.
Anthony: In the genre of Horror, do you have any favorite TV shows, books or films? (If not, what are your favorite shows, books or films?)
Stacey: I used to watch Creature Feature when I was a young girl and saw all of those scary movies like The Fly and Attack of the 50 Foot Woman. The Exorcist really did me in - I couldn't sleep for 3 weeks after seeing it without having nightmares...



8.
Anthony: Are you working on anything right now that you can share with us?
Stacey: Right now I'm working on being a mother to my 3 children ages 14, 12 and 8 -and our 2 rescue dogs and 2 crazy f-ing cats.
Oh, and I write posts for the Huffington Post about marriage and divorce and go on the Bill Cunningham Show as a relationship expert. I'm also getting certified as a Drama Therapist at the New School in NYC.

Click here to read Nelkin's Huffington Post entries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZpu9zoPfTg (Stacey's interview on CBS 2 Eye on New York)



9.
Anthony: I could see you starring in American Horror Story, the FX TV series. Would you like to get back to Horror roles again?
Stacey: I'd like to get back in ANY roles, honestly.

[Aside from Anthony Servante: Hey, Readers, visit the link below to recommend Stacey Nelkin for a future season of American Horror Story; she'd be a natural.

http://community.fxnetworks.com/forums.php?plckForumPage=Forum&plckForumId=Cat:eef7229a-421a-4955-8a05-5e734435c1d1Forum:17509f96-e855-4770-9dcd-0f5177d625c4]


10.
Anthony: Are there any conventions where you’ll be soon?
Stacey: I'll let you know when I'll be at the next one. I love attending them and getting to meet all the fans. Horror fans are quite special!!



Tom Adkins and Stacey Nelkin-Halloween III: Season of the Witch


It’s been a pleasure having Stacey Nelkin here this month. On a final note, "Stacey Nelkin, 53, has been dubbed “the Sexiest Actress Alive” by Glamour's magazine in its April 2013 issue out this week."

http://en.mediamass.net/people/stacey-nelkin/sexiest-alive.html.

Till next time, dear readers, this is your Servante of Darkness.