Thursday, August 27, 2026






Yesterday Came Again


I forgot my password

Lucky I wrote it down under the computer

As I typed the kitchen smoke alarm sounded

The scrambled eggs were burning

Took a few hours to clean things up

What was I doing?

Couldn't remember so I showered

Shampoo bottle was empty

Why was the towel already wet?

I'm still hungry 

Didn't I just eat breakfast?

I turn on the computer.

It is already on in sleep mode.

Someone's in the shower

I get my baseball bat

Peek in the bathroom

No one in there.

Shower is running by itself.

How did it do that?

I turn it off. 

I check on the eggs

They're in the trash can burnt

The smell of smoke in the air

The smoke alarm hanging broken

Someone took a baseball bat to it

Will order some door delivery

Get on computer

The Pizza House app is open

Door bell rings

Pizza that I didn't order

Must be kids pranking me

It's paid for says the deliverer

I close the door, eat a slice

Phone buzzes, I block call

Spammers always calling

The Pizza app must be hacked

Forgot to tip the deliverer

That must be him at the door

Knocking, doorbell, knocking

Saying a name I don't recognize

Wrong apartment, wrong door

More voices join in

Christmas carolers?

Must check the computer

Look at my schedule

What day is this?

What month, what year?

Then silence. 

Too quiet. 

I remote the TV on

Just to hear some chatter

From the advertisements

From the game shows

But only static hissing sounds

I wish I had a window

To see what the world looks like

To feel the weather

To know what season it is. 

So many walls in my place

It's easy to get lost

But I always find myself

By searching the internet

Someone has locked me out

And I forgot my password. 

Unlucky for me.